Thursday, May 03, 2007

Stupid Full Moon

Last night we had a full moon. There's a running debate between doctors and pregnant women who are tired of being pregnant, if there's any truth to the whole "babies come at a full moon" thing. Some believe that because of the gravitational pull the moon has, it can send lots of women into labor.

Well, not me!

And I guess that a good thing since I'm not full term till tomorrow. Add to that the fact that Curtis has nicely asked me to not have this baby till next week, and Christi has asked me to wait till after my baby shower on the 12th, and my Mom and Dad can't be here till the 13th.

So, here I sit. Still pregnant. And mad that I got my hopes up.

Oh, and I checked, and the next full moon is on May 31st, which is almost a week after my due date. The cool thing is that full moon is a blue moon (the second full moon in a month), so if Benjamin waits till then, I could say he was born on a blue moon. But, there is the obvious down side that he would be almost a week late.

It's good to know that Benjamin's days are already numbered, including when they will begin.

No comments: