Monday, January 14, 2008

Prayers

Yesterday, I was reading over some old blog entries, before we knew Benjamin's diagnosis, when everything was up in the air. I asked the readers of our blog to pray that Benjamin would not have craniosynostosis, or that if he did, he would be miraculously healed before surgery.

Today, I was reading a friend of mine's blog, and she was talking about God's sovereignty, even in the times that doesn't follow what our hearts would desire. Her blog reminded me of those prayers that I had prayed, asking God to spare my son from this deformity and from surgery. God told me no. My prayers didn't go unanswered, they just weren't answered the way I would have chosen.

So now, as we continue to deal with Benjamin's craniosynostosis, do I doubt God's sovereignty? Not at all! I'm still not sure why all this happened, and why God ordained these events for our son and our family, but I know that whatever God ordains is right. And what comfort I draw in knowing that that God loves me, he loves Benjamin, and all this is in his control, working for our good and his glory.

1 comment:

Melaleucamom said...

Thanks, Kierstyn. You have no idea how much I needed that reminder. Our trial my be laid out in a long, drawn-out stretching, manner but God is still in control, 8+ years into it. OH! How I long for Heaven!