Saturday, April 12, 2008

How can I keep from singing?

Below is a video of what has become one of my favorite songs. The chorus says,
"How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing"

This is exactly how I feel right now! This past Thursday Benjamin went to Austin for another helmet check. It's become so routine, that I almost take for granted a good check up. But there was something about this trip that made me rejoice, and sing the praises of my King. Maybe it was because I had two loving friends caring for my older children, and I was peaceful about where they were and the care they were getting. Maybe it was because God gave me the entire drive to Austin to reflect on his love and goodness. Maybe it was because Bud, the orthotist, seemed especially pleased with Benjamin's head and the progress her is making. Maybe it was because I could see the hospital where Benjamin had his surgery, and it reminded me of all the love and prayers that were showered on us while we were there. Maybe it's because I remember very vividly what it was like the day of his surgery and the days following, and I am so thankful for where God has brought us. I'm not sure why I was so joyful this time around. But I was! And I wanted to share my joy with all of you who have been so faithful in prayer for us.

"I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer"

We go back to Austin on the 22nd, to see the neuro surgeon. I'm really looking forward to again hearing how wonderful Benjamin looks, and how much great progress he has made. Most of all, I'm looking forward for another opportunity to sing, to praise God for his amazing love!

3 comments:

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I LOVE that song, too, Kierstyn! When it comes on KSBJ/K-LOVE, I turn it up...my favorite part is the chorus b/c you can sing LOUD!!! I loved the report about Benjamin and I know EXACTLY how you feel about the joy...you don't really know WHY, but you know WHERE it comes from and it's the greatest feeling in the world!

Unknown said...

How thankful I am that God reveals himself to us...and that he does it in such personal, intimate way. And then He stirs our souls to such joy. Indeed, "they are new every morning!" Lamentations 3:19-25

I share this celebration with you
Da

Anonymous said...

I love the new layout---so cute--especially the airplane!

Amen to your pot and keep singing!