Tuesday, June 17, 2008

198 days later....

(thanks for the title Shannie!)
before surgery, front (notice how his forehead bulges)




before surgery, top (notice how long his head was)

before surgery, side (you can really see the way his head bulges in the back)


AND NOW...... after 164 days in the helmet.... 192 days since surgery.... 198 since diagnosis.....




"Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits, who forgives all your iniquity, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy, who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s." Psalm 103: 1-5

I literally cannot look at the "before" pictures with out tears. It breaks my heart. And I can't look at the "after" pictures without a huge smile! And the verse above is the verse I keep hearing in my head. I heard it during the tough times, during the good times, and now, I hear it again! God has been so good to us! He has lavished His faithfulness, mercy, and grace on our family. I hope that as you have observed Benjamin's story unfold, that your heart has been pointed to Christ. We are so thankful to all our friends and family who have loved us, supported us, encouraged us, prayed with and for us, watched our older children, brought meals... words will never express our gratitude! Thank you! But most of all, we thank Christ for the mighty act that he has done in our family. We thank Him for healing Benjamin, for restoring him to health. God is good all the time, all the time, God is good!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Congrats on a successful surgery! His head looks great! I'm also glad that he's out of his helmet! I worried too about the stares and some people (since Nathan's scar is still new) ask a lot of questions! He looks beautiful!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

What an amazing transformation!! God is good indeed!!

Megan said...

It's incredible! God is good, all the time.

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen.

Hannah D A said...

Amazing & incredible indeed!

Kendall's Corner said...

I loved reading your story. My name is Kiersten and my son Kellen is 13 months and he is having Cranio surgery on January 18th 2010 for a fused metopic suture. I love reading about how others deal with the surgery and recovery. thanks so much for sharing. If you have any advice or more cranio stories to tell feel free to email me kndlsmom06@yahoo.com