Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Our day (so far)

Today has been a very busy one. We had another good night with Benjmain and I got sleep! All the nurses are saying "Later today, when you go home....." Yay! Things are looking really good for us to be out of hear this evening. Of course it will all depend on what the doctore says today.
This morning I got a lesson in incision care. Yuck! But, I managed. We'll have tot clean and redress his incursion every day, twice a day for another week. The worst part is when we take off the tape, which is somewhat in Benjamin's hair, and he screams.
After Incision Care 101, it was bath time! Sponge bath, that is.

"I'm not so sure about this, Mommy!"
"Being clean feels good!"
"Yummy towel!"
After his bath, we got him dressed in some snuggy clothes from Grandma, and went to the cafeteria. He was quite the hit! Everyone talked to him, smiled at him, and was very sweet as we maneuvered his wagon around the halls and elevator.


"Since Mommy and Daddy forgot my pacy, I guess I'll use this thumb!"

2 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

He looks awesome and SO happy! What a brave little trooper! Hope you get to come home soon!

Anonymous said...

He looks so good! This is the first time I've been able to look at the blog this week. It's amazing how well he's doing. Love you! Megan