Sunday, June 15, 2008

So, now what?

We are loving life with our helmet graduate! So far, we've been able to avoid any major falls, but all the little falls still have me a little jumpy. The first night without the helmet, Benjamin woke up a couple times, and would only back to sleep while being rocked with his hand resting on his forehead. So sweet! It was like he knew something just wasn't quite the same up there. This morning I asked him where his helmet was, and he rubbed his head looking perplexed.

It's been weird to NOT be stared at! No more questions, no more looks... it's odd. But as I said earlier, we are loving it!

So, now what? Well, we have an appointment with Dr. Aronin, the neurosurgeon, late next month. And that's all I know for now. I think I remember hearing at one point that we would need to follow up with her for a year after surgery (every three months or so....) but I'm not positive. As of right now, we're not getting the soft helmet. The orthotist basically left it up to us, saying that if we wanted to call and talk to Dr. Arnonin about it, we could. I decided to give it a few days, and see how things played out. Things have played out beautifully, so right now my plan is to just wait and see what Dr. A says next month.

I'm going to try to get some before and after pictures up soon. It's unbelievable the change that has taken place! I praise God for everything, but most of all, for his love and faithfulness!

1 comment:

Rebecca & Nathaniel said...

Way to go Benjamin!!! I am so glad to hear you are done with all your trips and all the maddness! He is sooo cute!!!