Thursday, June 05, 2008

gettin' antsy

Is it next Thursday yet? I'm getting so very anxious, excited and very ready for our next appointment with the orthotist, where hopefully we will get the official "you're done with the helmet!" I'm so ready to be done!

Sure, in the big picture, this whole head think will be a minor part of Benjamin's childhood. But right now, it still feels so major! I sat down the other day and figured out that we have been dealing with this in one way or another for over seven months! And that's since we've had a name for it. There were the months of crying, not sleeping, and me knowing something was wrong, but not knowing what, before that too. And I think all that is the main reason I am ready to be done. I'm ready to close that chapter of his life, and move on to the next thing that God has in store for Benjamin and for us.

Stay tuned! Maybe the next time I post it will be before and after helmet pictures!

2 comments:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Hope you get some good news and can close this chapter in Benjamin's life!

Unknown said...

And then a trip to Kansas to meet Miss Tiffany?

Jst kidding...he's at the point now where I don't think he'll be mistaken for a little girl, maybe a blue eyed, blond Samson!

Love you,
Da