Sunday, July 13, 2008

What to do

I started this blog to share the news of our pregnancy with Benjamin. During my rather uneventful pregnancy, I used this blog to share little stories, updates, ultrasound pictures and of course, belly pictures!

After Benjamin's birth, the blog was used for all those baby pictures... you know the ones... where the baby looks the same since all he does is sleep, but he was wearing different clothes! I almost used the blog as a scrapbook or journal, to record little milestones and memories I was afraid of forgetting in my sleep deprived state.

When Benjamin was about five months old, I started thinking about wrapping this blog up, and just posting on our family blog.

But then we had that unforgettable visit to the doctor.

For the second time, I used a blog to ask prayer for my baby. Rather than cheerful updates and cute pictures, I was posting about head deformities and possible diagnosis's and treatments. I used this blog to write out my thoughts, to pray, to find comfort in God's word. The prayers of the people continued, and every day I heard from someone new, someone who was praying for us.

After Benjamin's surgery, I was able to keep all our faithful prayer warriors up to date. Words will never be able to express how thankful I was for the prayers, the e-mails, the comments, the phone calls that we got during our time in Austin. The blog served as a tangible reminder of all those prayers.

I continued to use the blog to let people know how Benjamin was doing and progressing. Our prayer has been that Benjamin will one day say the words of David:

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteousness, of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD; I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone. Since my youth, O God, you have taught me, and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds. (Psalm 71)

God has done marvelous deeds in Benjamin's life, and in our lives. I prayed that this blog would declare those might deeds, that it would be a place where we could tell of the righteous acts of God.

So now what? What should I do with this blog now?

I thought about continuing to post until Benjamin was released from the neuro surgeon. I thought about making this my final post. But then today I was talking with someone who was going to be able to give a friend this blog as a source of encouragement since her friend's daughter will be having similar surgery soon. God has given me a couple opportunities like this.... opportunities to help and encourage other parents facing the same thing we've been through.

So for now, I'll keep posting, and telling of the marvelous acts of God, because there are so many!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new layout! I wondered about when you might stop posting here...and now I know no more than I did before. It will be exciting to see what the neuro surgeon says later this month!

Shannie said...

i say keep the bolg and give i a few months and you can use it as a pregnancy blog again ;)