Monday, May 07, 2007

No news....

No news, no baby. So much for the whole 05/06/07 birthday.

I had another appointment today. Still making progress, just not rapid progress. For those of you who know what all this means, I'm 1 1/2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, and the baby is at -2 station. All good things. The doctor did confirm what I suspected, and Benjamin is very low.

So now we wait more.

I go to see the midwife on Friday. Then, next Wednesday, I go back to see my doc. He said at that point, if Benjamin's not here, we will look at other options (induction). It's nice to know that there will be an end, even if I'm not there yet.

The good news is that every thing's looking great with Benjamin!

And if anyone has any suggestions on how to encourage this process along, let me know! I actually ate and entire pineapple last night, having heard that it could help. :-) I'm game for ALMOST anything.

5 comments:

Rebecca & Nathaniel said...

I so know what you mean! I too was thinking 05/06/07 would be neat. Oh well. I will have to keep up with your progress. Another girl I know that is due the same day as us had her baby Saturday!

Puente Family said...

I am catching up on all my blog reading tonight! I want you to know that I am praying for you and your family during this exciting time. Take care! Stacie

Charla (SHar-la) said...

K-
Are you using a midwife? Have you decided to have this one at home? I don't see you deciding that, but maybe I missed something along the way. I thought about you all day and stalked the blog on 5/6/7, but it just wasn't meant to be, I suppose. I'm still shooting for the 15th...just so cool to have five on the same day!
Miss you all!

Kierstyn said...

Charla, the midwife is part of the clinic that I go to. My doc. wasn't availible, so I'm seeing her. I'm totally having the baby in a hospital, where someone else can clean up the mess. :-)

I think I'm kinda shooting for the 15th as well. Although, I won't be too bummed if he comes tomorrow!

Lee Nickles said...

C&J's worked for Kristy/Stephen. And you don't have to clean up anything at home.