Sunday, May 27, 2007

Learning about Benjamin

Having a new baby in the house is an amazing change, especially when it's not your first. With Elizabeth, I had no clue what to expect. When Micah came around, I almost assumed he would be the same kind of baby as Elizabeth, and when he wasn't, I was thrown for a loop. This time around, I have tried to be a little more open minded, remembering that each of my children will be different, even as babies. Here's what I've learned about Benjamin so far.

  • He loves to snuggle.
  • He sleeps best on his tummy.
  • There are times when he just wants his Mommy.
  • His right leg will often stick straight out, while every other appendage is curled up.
  • The only part of bath time that is good is having the water poured on his body, everything else deserves to be screamed at.
  • Socks will not stay on his feet.
  • He can sleep for several hours at a time, making him my best sleeper so far.
  • We think he looks like a mini Micah and thus, a mini Curtis.
  • He scowls, just like my other kids.
  • He's not that fond of the swing.
  • He loves to be swaddled.

Benjamin is such a sweet baby! Since I already had more that one baby, I knew that the love I have for my children would multiply. But it continues to amaze me how much I love each and every one of my children!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Wonderful blog! I love the comments... I may be stealing this idea when I actually have time to write more than a sentence! Love you and miss you! Sherry & Family