Wednesday, November 28, 2007

my prayer

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you." Phil 4:4-9

Father, I pray tonight that you would help me to rejoice. I have so much to rejoice in, you have been so good to me! You are the only source of true joy. Your gift of salvation makes me rejoice! Thank you for sending your Son.

I also pray that you would grant me the peace which surpasses all understanding. Help me to not be anxious, but to trust in you, and rejoice in the promises that you have made to me.

And finally, I pray that you would help me to meditate on you. Guard my mind from thoughts of doubt. Remind me of your love, faithfulness and help me to reflect and think on you and you attributes.

Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember writing notes to you from Phil. when you went on that mission trip to Iowa. What a blessing to see how you have made that book your own and turn to it time and time again! I am so pround of you and pray a resounding AMEN!to your prayer. love you.

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Praying! Sorry that I haven't written sooner, I'm behind on a lot of stuff right now but know that you've all been in my thoughts and prayers.

Ps.91:1-2: He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

p.s. I chose this verse because I can picture Benjamin "under the shadow of the Almighty" and I know God will be a fortress around him on Monday.