Friday, November 14, 2008

Thankful for Curtis

As I reflect on the people who have been there for me and our family as we've walked down this crazy road with Benjamin, the very first person who comes to my mind is, of course, Curtis.

From the moment he became a father, Curtis has been an amazing father! What an amazing process to watch him become even better at a job he already excels at, as we add more children to our family.
In the above picture, Curtis was telling me, "I know you can't tell, but I'm smiling! A lot!" Benjamin's birth was such a joyful day for us. Despite the surprise of the pregnancy, despite the post partum depression that we dealt with while I was pregnant, it was a wonderful day! Curtis was nothing sort of incredible during my pregnancy with Benjamin.Benjamin was a beautiful baby. Curtis and I spend the afternoon he was born, before all our company arrived, just staring at our beautiful new son.
During the really trying days, when Benjamin didn't sleep, when he cried for hours, without being consoled, Curtis was my support. I could call him, totally freaking out, and at the end of my rope and he had a way of making it better, of calming me in the midst of the most chaotic moments (and there were many).
Once Benjamin received his diagnosis, and we started down the road of surgery and recovery, Curtis was there for him and for me. There were days where I was so scared, so overwhelmed, and so angry, that emotions spilled out, and Curtis took it. We fought, we cried, and at the end of the day we were so thankful for each other.
Curtis, thank you for walking down this road with me. Thank you for calming me, for pointing me back to Christ. I look back at the past year, and I really don't know how we made it. But I know that the love we share has made it possible. Thank you for loving me, and our children so much!

1 comment:

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

awwwww, what a sweet post and a sweet hubby!