Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Not only is today Thanksgiving, but it is also one year since Benjamin got his diagnosis. How far God has brought us all!

My hope was to write several posts about all the things I'm thankful for, but that didn't happen. So, I'm just going to list several of the things that I am thankful for.
  • I'm thankful for Benjamin's health. It hasn't been an easy road, but today, he is a perfectly healthy little boy! That's more than I could say a year ago.
  • I'm thankful for God's protection and provision. He protected Benjamin during surgery and recovery. He protected us during several trips to and from Austin. He provided for all our needs... physical, spiritual, monetarily.
  • I'm thankful for my parents and for Curtis' Dad and his Dad's wife Melinda. Their love, prayers, encouragement have meant so very much to us.
  • I'm thankful for our siblings who have been there for us as we've walked this sometimes rough road.
  • I'm thankful for our dear friends the Findleys, who have joined us in the middle of all our drama, including driving to Austin to be with us after Benjamin's surgery.
  • I'm thankful for all our friends who have supported us with prayers, food, babysitting, listening ears, and just loving us in every way possible.
  • I'm thankful for the Word, and how the Spirit has comforted.
  • I'm thankful for Kenny, Lindsey, Adam and Andrew who helped, comforted and strengthened us by their faith.
  • I'm thankful for Kris, Andria and Zak, who can related to our struggles.
  • I'm thankful for the great medical care that Benjamin received.
  • I'm thankful our church, who cared for us like family.
  • I'm thankful for the people who stopped what they were doing to hold us, hug us, and pray with us.
  • I'm thankful for prayer.

God has been so good to us! We have so much to be thankful for this year. Last Thanksgiving, we still didn't have Benjamin's diagnosis. We were still in a state of worry, confusion and prayer. And now look at where we are! It hasn't always been easy, but by God's grace we've made it.

Thank you again, to all of you who have lifted us up in prayer, who have encouraged us, who have loved us so well!

No comments: