Sunday, April 22, 2007

Irony

Yesterday, as I was laying out my clothes for today, I had a very specific goal in mind. What can I wear to be comfortable, that doesn't require panty hose (which kind of goes along the lines of the whole comfort issue!). I decided that wearing pants was a good option for me. So, I break out my nice, yet comfy black pants. Since I was going to church, I felt the need for a nice top, which I managed to find, and not bend my comfort rule.

As I walk into church this morning, my friend Ashlee exclaims, "You look so nice!" Mission accomplished! Then another friend, Janelle, comments, "You look so skinny!" I look at her with a confused look on my face, and ask, "How can I look skinny, I'm almost nine months pregnant!?"

That my friends, is irony. A skinny pregnant person!

Let's me tell you, it make my day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!!! I love it when people say..."you don't look like you have gained any weight except in your belly." It's a nice compliment but boy does the belly feel super huge these days.

FYI...I put an eggcrate on my side of the bed and it helped the hip pain...which I had a whole lot of with Piper and again this time until the egg crate...now not so much

Anonymous said...

in all seriousness i can honestly say there is only one way to answer that kind of question-honestly and directly......,go ask your father!!