Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Mother of THREE?!?!?!

Last night, I was chatting with my brother-in-law, Chris, on the phone. He and his wife are expecting my new niece, Charleigh, in mid April. It looks like Charleigh might be ready to break the family record for biggest baby (the title which was held by Micah). Poor Terra!

During the conversation, Chris referred to me as "a mother of three." I nearly dropped the phone! In my head, I know that in about three months, I will have three children. But for some reason, hearing someone say it out loud threw me for a loop!

I'm going to have THREE children?!?!

I'm only 26! How did that happen (no tacky comments... :-))????

MY Mom is a mother of three. Not ME!!!

So, reality hit me last night. And even though I'm very excited about Benjamin's arrival, I suddenly have a new emotion as well..... shock and fear!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Ha! "How did that happen?" Ha, ha! Sparing the details on the blog I guess, but I bet if we were all teaching together we'd be getting the full scoop at school! ;)

Honestly, I think Benjamin's addition will flow seamlessly into your lives, it will be like he was never not there, and you'll just feel like a mom (not a M.O.T.). Sometimes I wonder how I got to be a married woman, but in all reality I don't remember what it was like to not have Will in my life. And I'm pretty glad about that. And I'm pretty glad that you're going to be a mother-of-three, because I can't (and I mean this in all sincerity) imagine any couple or family more suited for it!

Charla (SHar-la) said...

I have to agree with all that was said by my wise sis-in-law!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

I felt that shock about two days ago when I looked at Andrew and Adam lying in their bed and thought "How did I go from a carefree newlywed (2 years is still newlywed right=-)?) to a mother of two in 6 months time??" You already are a wonderful mom and you'll have to give me tips on how you do it!

Kierstyn said...

Amy and Charla, You guys are too sweet! Thanks for the positive and encouraging words.

Lindsay, I can't imagine how much your life is changing right now! Yet, every time I see you, you seem so calm, and in control. Amazing! Could it be a total lack of sleep? :-)