Sunday, August 24, 2008

Thinking back

Tonight, we had our first night back at Covenant Kids. This time last year, I would take Benjamin to the nursery, drop him off, and leave, knowing that even though he was screaming his sweet little head off, Ms. Hannah would love him and take care of him. Curtis and I would go to Dairy Queen and read, enjoying a little break. It was such a tough time! Benjamin wasn't sleeping during the day, and was up at least twice during the night. He cried incessantly! Nothing seemed to help him. It was exhausting, frustrating and just made life tough.

This evening, Hannah and I were talking about what a difference a year has made in Benjamin's life. And I again found myself praising God for all the love and grace he has shown our family!! I also found myself even more thankful for all the friends who helped us during those tough times of sleeplessness and crying. God has been so good to us!

No comments: